Previously, landholders and community groups may have recorded weed observations using the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD) app, MyWeedWatcher.
The previous app has now been incorporated into?the MyPestGuide? Reporter application and online surveillance system.?By doing this, DPIRD?has standardised biosecurity reporting made by?the public into a single source so users can easily find?pest, weed and disease surveillance and monitoring results.?These tools let?users map weeds and record survey data.?
From now on, report all weeds by selecting ‘MyWeedWatcher’ from the drop-down project list when using the MyPestGuide? Reporter app or the online system. Images will be sent to the experts for verification, who will respond to your enquiry.??
Discover how to identify and report declared weeds: login or set up a new account on?.
- A simple photo reporting tool with GPS capability to map the location of a weed.
- Works outside of mobile or Wi-Fi range.
- Free for all Android and iPhone devices including tablets, phones and computer.
- Learn more about weeds - receive weed identifications and control advice from experts.
- Declared weeds and 'weeds of interest' are given priority.
- Shared reports let others?view local weeds in the community.
- Reports help to prove both the presence and absence of weeds in the field.
- Record your observations and keep them in your back pocket to monitor and control pests.
- It helps your community team up with?local biosecurity groups and DPIRD to undertake weed monitoring and surveillance in your area.
The information gathered by individuals using MyPestGuide? Reporter > ‘MyWeedWatcher’?will help?inform community?and DPIRD when important decisions on weed management are needed.
The data collected and stored in the MyPestGuide? database is also used to maintain Australia’s pest-free status,?supports farm biosecurity?and provides individual users a platform to participate in Australia’s wider pest monitoring and surveillance community.
For more information, visit mypestguide.agric.wa.gov.au
REMEMBER: select the ‘MyWeedWatcher’ project from the MyPestGuide? Reporter drop-down list when sending in your weed query.
We welcome all comments and suggestions from the weed reporting community.